It is very easy to setup phonegap on Linux for Android. Just follow the steps given below.
- Download the Android SDK ADT bundle for Linux. This bundle includes
- Eclipse + ADT plugin
- Android SDK Tools
- Android Platform-tools
- The latest Android platform
- The latest Android system image for the emulator
- You need to add the path of your Android SDK platform-tools and tools directory. In my example I will use “/Development/android-sdk-ubuntu” as the directory the SDK is installed in.
- Open the .bashrc file, and Add the following line at the end:
- open the terminal and execute the command
- This will execute the bashrc file and add the SDK path to your $PATH variable. To make sure it is added try
from the terminal.
- Download and unzip phonegap
- In a terminal window, navigate to the bin directory within the android subfolder of the Cordova distribution.
- Type in
1./create <project_folder_path> <package_name> <project_name>
then press “Enter”
The 9th step will create your first phonegap project on linux for Android.
In my example
./create /u/works/Hello_World com.helloworld.cordova Hello_World
I just tried this on Ubuntu Linux, and this very same steps should work on all other distributions of Linux. Try yourself.