Steps to setup sencha touch on linux
- Download Sencha Touch and unzip.
- Download SenchaCmd version 3 or greater.
- To install SenchaCmd, open a terminal, go to the location where SenchaCmd is downloaded and execute the following command
- Open the .bashrc file, and Add the following line at the end:
- open the terminal and execute the command
type sencha on the terminal. If the installation is proper, if you can see Sencha Cmd v22.214.171.1248, then you are all set.
Now, to generate your first sencha application, on terminal, go the Sencha Touch SDK folder. For me, it is, /u/works/touch-2.1.1
on terminal, type the following command
sencha generate app application-name /path/to/application/folder
In my example
sencha generate app Hello_World /u/works/Sencha/Hello_World